School History

Kahuku Elementary started in 1893 as an English School, serving the Kahuku Sugar plantation children in grades K-12. The present 4.5 acre campus, serving only grades K-6, was dedicated in 1988.

The architecture of the buildings reflect its former past as a sugar plantation town. The town hasn't changed too much since the mill closed. Kahuku still moves to a gentle pace with its uncluttered beaches, fishing grounds and gentle trade winds. In this rural community children safely walk to and from school, play 'afterschool' sports at a nearby park or visit with neighbors.